The Counsel Network and the Association of Women Lawyers co-founded the Women In Law Leadership Awards in 2011. The WILL Awards are presented annually to women lawyers in recognition of their outstanding dedication, creativity, initiative, achievement and contribution to the community, profession, legal scholarship, and pro bono activities.
We are excited to announce the creation of a new award to recognize a law firm that exemplifies leadership in fostering the inclusion and promotion of female lawyers and support of women in the legal and business communities. The WILL Law Firm Award will be presented for the first time at the 2016 WILL Awards dinner on November 17, 2016 at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald.
Nomination forms for the individual and law firm awards as well as information about sponsoring and attending the WILL Awards can be found at willawards.ca.
The 2015 WILL Award Winners were:
- Leadership in the Profession (Private Practice) – Heather McKay, Q.C.
- Leadership in the Profession (In-House) – Keely Brown
- Leadership in the Profession (In-House) – Gail Harding, Q.C.
- Leadership in the Profession (Government) – Jolaine Antonio
- Leadership in the Profession (Broader Roles) – Phyllis Smith, Q.C.
- Leadership in the Community – Donna Purcell, Q.C.
- Tomorrow’s Leader – Chidinma Thompson