On November 9, 2017, the 7th Annual Women in Law Leadership (WILL) Awards were held at the Westin Hotel in Calgary. The WILL Awards are presented annually to women lawyers in recognition of their outstanding dedication, creativity, initiative, achievement, and contribution to the community, profession, legal scholarship, and pro bono activities.
The sold-out Awards Dinner saw almost 400 members of the legal community gathered to honour the recipients. Everyone in attendance enjoyed a wonderful evening as families, friends, and colleagues gathered to celebrate the careers and contributions of the honourees.
The Honourable Patricia Rowbotham delivered the keynote address and was presented with the 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Leadership in the Profession (Private Practice) – Sandra Corbett, Q.C.
- Leadership in the Profession (Private Practice) – Patricia P. Sealy
- Leadership in the Profession (In-House) – Michelle Plouffe
- Leadership in the Profession (Government) – Shaina Leonard
- Leadership in the Profession (Broader Roles) – Kathleen A. Ryan, Q.C.
- Leadership in the Community – Sarah King-D’Souza, Q.C.
- Tomorrow’s Leader – Kara Levis
- Law Firm Award – Dunphy Best Blocksom LLP
The WILL Awards were co-founded by The Counsel Network and the Association of Women Lawyers in 2011. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to stay current on everything WILL Awards. Visit us at willawards.ca.